vegan pizza- mushrooms, spinach, and tofu cream.
(please excuse the blurry picture, i was ready to eat and had little patience to stop and take pictures, but i sensed it was going to be epic and needed documentation)
this week, i’ve been trying to incorporate more of alicia silverstone’s “superhero” principles from her book, “the kind diet.” i took inspiration from a couple of her recipes to make this delish concoction. while using a pre-made pizza crust isn’t exactly “superhero,” at least it was whole wheat!
- 1 pre-made whole wheat pizza crust from whole foods
or make your own or use a couple sprouted wheat tortillas.
- 10-15 crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
i used 4 mushrooms for 1/2 a pizza but wanted a bit more so you can
- 1-2 minced cloves of garlic (depending on your taste)
- 2-3 cups of washed and dried baby spinach
- olive oil
- tofu cream to taste (full recipe in the kind diet)
- galaxy vegan parmesan (optional)
- preheat oven to 400
- put the crust on a pan and lightly brush with olive oil
- heat a saute pan on the stove and add a small amount of olive oil
- add garlic to pan and saute until golden brown
- add mushrooms to pan and saute until they start to get soft
- add spinach to pan and saute until lightly wilted (on the previous 2 steps, make sure to cook just lightly as this will be baked again)
- spread your saute mixture onto the pizza crust (i like to sprinkle the vegan parmesan on first)
- bake for 10 minutes
- sprinkle the finished pizza with parmesan and spread tofu cream to taste on top. (i like slicing first and then spreading onto individual slices rather than on the whole pizza- especially if you plan to eat leftovers as this way will keep better)